I couldn’t have been more excited when I got the commission for a Slowpoke. This dopey sweetheart has always been one of my favourites. I would say this is an intermediate level pattern; with a few strange techniques to get the shaping of everything right. Super proud of achieving the curl on that tail too!
Feel free to sell your completed Slowpoke in small quantities- but be sure to credit me. Linking back to my blog is a huge help. Also, please tag me on Instagram- I love seeing everyone’s finished creations!
- Single Crochet (UK Double Crochet)
- Half Double Crochet (UK Half Treble)
- Double Crochet (UK Treble)
- Working in the round
- Working around a chain (oval shape)
- Detailing with embroidery thread
- Basic sewing to attach pieces
- Cutting out and sewing felt (templates included)
You will need:
- Chunky yarn of your choice in pink (125g), light pink (5g) and beige (10g)
- Aran yarn of your choice in white (5g)
- DK yarn of your choice in white (5g)
- 4mm, 3mm and 2mm crochet hooks (note: most pieces will be working with a 4mm hook unless stated otherwise)
- Black embroidery floss
- Yarn needle and sewing needle
- Felt in white and pink + thread in these colours (you can also use glue to attach felt pieces if you would prefer not to sew!)
Click Here to open and download Slowpoke’s pattern on Google Drive!
Feeling stuck? Feel free to drop me a comment or message me on Instagram @cotswoldscrochet