Oh, Bonsly! I had such a fun time making this sad baby. He was actually a request from the winner of a giveaway I recently hosted. It filled me with so much joy that this underrated Pokémon was someone’s favourite! The design process was fairly simple- but meticulous. I always like to go for complete accuracy in the shaping of my pieces, so it took a couple of tries for me to be completely happy with Bonsly! This pattern is between beginner and intermediate level, suitable to those with a little crochet experience. It only uses two colours and works up pretty quickly.
Feel free to sell your completed Bonsly in small quantities- but be sure to credit me. Linking back to my blog is a huge help. Also, please tag me on Instagram- I love seeing everyone’s finished creations!
- Single Crochet (UK Double Crochet)
- Working in the round
- Basic sewing to attach pieces
- Working around a chain to create an oval shape (tutorial included)
- Cutting out and sewing felt (templates included)
You will need:
- Chunky yarn of your choice in brown (70g) and green (35g)
- 4mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle and sewing needle
- Felt in black, pink and yellow + thread in these colours (you can also use glue to attach felt pieces if you would prefer not to sew!)
Feeling stuck? Feel free to drop me a comment or message me on Instagram @cotswoldscrochet